Click this messge to hide it.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
According to UK government advice dated 23rd March "online retail is still open and encouraged". This advice has been repeated since. We are helping to keep people busy at home with projects in the garden. A screenshot from the gov.uk website is pictured above with the relevant text highlighted in blue. To read the latest UK government guidelines CLICK HERE
We are therefore taking orders online and delivering as normal but subject to a number of important conditions:
- All non-essential shops are required to close. Our Show Centre is closed until further notice. We do not expect to re-open soon. We do not believe it is possible to guarantee the safety of staff and visitors.
- All office staff should work at home if possible. Some office staff are working at home.
- High risk employees should stay at home for 12 weeks. Employees who are classified as high risk are now self-isolating at home for 12 weeks.
- All warehouse staff should fully comply with government and NHS guidelines regarding social distancing. Since March 9th we have implemented stringent cleaning routines, social distancing measures and other additional safety precautions for the protection of our staff. These include the installation of anti-bacterial gel dispensers, frequent cleaning of commonly used surfaces, no tool sharing, solitary breaks in air conditioned rooms, increased handwashing with antibacterial soap and minimal contact with others including a minimum distance of 2m between people. In addition, all of our warehouse and office staff travel to work alone in their own cars and do not use public transport. We are committed to the safety of our staff. We work efficiently in 4 large warehouses with 5000 square feet of floor space per employee which makes social distancing easy.
- Safe home deliveries. Delivery drivers are keen to keep their distance, which is in everybody's interest. The normal requirement to sign for goods on a hand held terminal is not required at present. Instead, the driver will sign on your behalf. In a few cases a signature may be required, for example on a paper delivery note, but this should be completed remotely without breaching social distancing requirements.
What this means for you:
- Next day delivery service: Our next day delivery service is currently operating as normal although delays are more likely. Please allow a few days extra. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day. If you did not select a delivery day please email us with your requirements as soon as possible.
- Stock products: Many of our products are in stock. These stock products are normally offered with next day delivery or you can pick a delivery day which suits you. Stock products are available as normal but please allow a few days extra.
- Made to order products: Many products are individually made to order within a few weeks. These products are available as normal. Delivery of the most popular products may be much slower than normal due to unprecedented demand. The exact lead time varies from one product to another - please refer to the delivery section of each product page for up to date information.
- Delivery info per product: We added extra Covid-19 Information messages to the "Delivery" section of every product on our website. This includes accurate up to date information regarding the availability of every product and how it is affected by the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Phone advice: Our telephone lines are open from 10am until 3pm on Monday-Saturday. Please note that due to unprecedented call volumes we may not be able to answer every call. These limited hours will continue until we can restore our normal service.
- Customer service: We are trying to maintain our normal customer service as much as possible. However, as with all other aspects of our business we may be slower to respond than normal. We will resume our normal service as soon as we can.
- Email and voicemail queries: Due to the unprecedented number of queries we may not be able to answer every email or voicemail message at present. We hope to resume our normal service soon.
We always comply fully with the law and in this fast moving situation we will react quickly if there is any significant change in our circumstances or government advice. We will update this page quickly if required to reflect any changes.
Please stay safe.