Click this messge to hide it.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this shed originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Pressure treated timber cladding (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Traditional diagonal corner bracing to lower corners for extra strength
- Heavy duty 15mm (ex 3/4") deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved pressure treated floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" pressure treated floor joists (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 2 non opening windows included on 6'x6'' and 7'x7' sheds
- 4 non opening windows included on all other sheds
- Windows glazed with timber beading and glass bedded on silicone sealant
- Georgian style glazing
- Toughened glass as standard
- Substantial fully framed ledged and braced door with vertical, horizontal and diagonal framing
- Single door approximately 3'0" wide (900mm)
- Door height approximately 5'11" (1800mm)
- Good quality mortice lock with keys
- Galvanized hinges
- Heavy duty mineral felted roof
- Black PVC gutters with downpipes and stopends
- External eaves height approximately 6'4" (1935mm)
- External ridge height approximately 6'11" (2110mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality garden shed. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your garden shed and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality sheds is the door frame with vertical, horizontal and diagonal framing. The windows are glazed with glass. Many cheaper sheds include thin styrene glazing which provides little security or weather protection. Another feature is the substantial 2" thick framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. The boarding is fully interlocked tongued and grooved throughout including the walls, floor and roof.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These garden sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your garden shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
THICKER CLADDING: A feature of this heavy duty garden shed is thicker ex 3/4" cladding with a finished thickness of 15mm. The use of thinner cladding with a finished thickness of 12mm is almost universal throughout the industry. These 25% thicker boards are more substantial and longer lasting.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner garden sheds are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.