Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this shed originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Preservative treatment inside and out by spraying on all sides with a high quality preservative
- Framed, ledged and braced doors (with horizontal, diagonal and vertical framing)
- 2 black japanned T hinges per door
- Black japanned sliding bolt
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong 2" thick planed deal floor joists (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Door height 3'9" (1150mm)
- Door width 4'11" (1500mm)
- All timber construction with no chipboard, plywood, OSB or other man made boards or sheet materials
- Heavy duty green mineral felted roof
- Eaves height approximately 3'11" (1200mm)
- Ridge height approximately 4'7" (1400mm)
- These sheds are easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections will pass through a normal single door
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality sheds is the door frame with vertical, horizontal and diagonal framing. The windows are glazed with glass. Many sheds at similar prices include thin styrene glazing which provides little security or weather protection. Another feature is the substantial 2" thick framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. The boarding is fully interlocked tongued and grooved throughout including the walls, floor and roof.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These garden sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your garden shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.