Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this shed originates from sustainable forests
- All deal is either pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment) or treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- All feather board is either pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment) or treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- All cedar is treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery windows to one side - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery windows will also be made from cedar
- 3' wide external storage area to one side of the building with decking floor boards
- The door and windows are included in one side wall. The overall window area varies according to the building width and door choice.
- At least 1 opening window included and more for larger buildings
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- Framed ledged and braced door with fitted mortice lock
- Cabin hook and eye included - holds door open
- 5'9" high x 2'11" wide (1750mm x 890mm) single hinged door
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework throughout
- Additional diagonal framing for extra rigidity and strength
- Pressure treated floor joists
- Heavy duty 19mm tongued and grooved floor boards (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'6" (1990mm)
- Eaves height 6'8" (2040mm)
- Ridge height 7'8" or 2330mm (6' wide)
- Ridge height 7'11" or 2410mm (8' wide)
- Ridge height 8'0" or 2430mm (10' wide)
- Ridge height 8'2" or 2490mm (12' wide)
THE MALVERN COLLECTION: Over many years Malvern have built up a well earned reputation for quality. A feature of Malvern sheds is the heavy duty joinery doors which are fully framed, ledged and braced i.e. with vertical, horizontal and diagonal framing. The door framing also features morticed and tenoned joints. A good quality mortice lock and heavy duty handles and hinges are also included. The windows are well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is toughened safety glass retained with glazing beads. Another feature of Malvern sheds is the substantial framing spaced close together, which ensures a stronger building.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
HEAVY DUTY FRAMING: These heavy duty Malvern sheds feature exceptionally strong framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. Framing timber is normally supplied in standard timber sizes. The nominal size is the size before machining. The finished size after planing is normally around 5mm smaller. Framing of at least 50x25mm or 38x38mm nominal thickness is recommended for smaller Malvern sheds up to 6'x8'. Framing of at least 50x38m nominal thickness is recommended for larger Malvern sheds up to 8'x10'. Framing of 2"x2" or 50x50mm nominal thickness or larger is recommended for the largest Malvern sheds.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The overall sizes including the external storage area are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the angled gable walls to each side. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.