Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944, licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd")
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All sheds include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard. Further treatment is recommended soon after installation.
- Morticed and tenoned joinery windows
- 10' x 10' shed includes two fully opening 2 pane windows
- 10' x 15' shed includes three fully opening 2 pane windows
- 10' x 20' shed includes four fully opening 2 pane windows
- The windows can be positioned in either side wall
- All windows glazed with timber beading and 3mm horticultural glass
- 44mm x 44mm planed deal framework throughout (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Green mineral felted roof
- 5'1" wide double doors with padbolt (1550mm)
- Eaves height 6'2" (1880mm)
- Ridge height 7'7" (2300mm)
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These Shire sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your Shire shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
GLASS WINDOWS - NO STYRENE OR PERSPEX: The windows feature horticultural glass as standard. This is more rigid than the plastic glazing used in many cheaper sheds, which is often less than 2mm thick. Plastic glazing is far more likely to blow out in winds. It is only used because most outside carriers refuse to carry glass. The plastics commonly used as glazing for cheaper sheds include styrene, perspex, polycarbonate and acrylic.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944. To verify our membership visit FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd"). Please note if you want a genuine FSC certified product it must include a valid FSC claim, which must include a valid licence number and/or certificate code from a genuine FSC member. It must also be described as FSC 100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70%. Claims that "we use FSC timber" or "our suppliers are FSC certified" are dishonest, because the FSC certifies products and not suppliers. If the claim is invalid the timber is not FSC certified.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.